Want to get started developing the perfect WordPress theme for your blog? Want to do it with Thematic? And don’t know where to begin? You’re not alone. That’s why I’ve starting something I’m calling the Thematic Development Series. A series of Thematic Child Themes that show you how I would get it done. First up, The Thematic Power Blog Theme.
The Power Blog Theme has everything you’ll need to know to get started building your ultimate WordPress Blog Theme. Here’s a quick run down of the features:
- Adds a Header Image with CSS (commented in the code to show you how to change things up)
- Adds 4 new widget-ready areas to Thematic, bringing the total up to 17 (!) widget-ready areas
- 3 Column layout with a Crown Aside (or sidebar) resting above the 2 traditional sidebars
- Adds a new RSS widget as an example of how to add them in yourself
- Drop down category menu on blog pages
Interested? Keep reading on the release page to find out how you can get the Thematic Power Blog theme and power-up your blog.