We need someone to take on the responsibility of managing the codebase for themes on our Wordpress MU install. Our immediate needs include converting PSD / AI files to good clean code. Our near immediate needs are to then integrate Buddypress and other social features where possible.
Timeline & compensation:
* Start immediately (monday 3/7) *
* Delivery of first two themes within two weeks, ideally 10 days * (design is complete).
* Compensation negotiable, at budgeted at market rate. This is a PAID position. *
* Ongoing support contract is contemplated, we want you to keep things up to date and add features. *
* Remote work *
Call for details: 646-727-0505, or reply below with link to your website with contact info.
* You are NOT doing "graphic design", you are coding. *
* You need to be excellent at CSS to reproduce design you are given. *
* You will need to support the code as the site grows. *
1. Build a lightweight set of themes based on Buddymatic (thematic fork). ex:
-- "Simple / single page", "Blog", "Magazine", "Image Gallery"
-- Basically, you'll make simple 'raw' theme 'types', not true themes.
-- We'll provide several design variations of each 'type'. Ideally, when you/we edit or add a core function, it should change in all themes of the same 'type'. Some components will be global.
2. Convert Photoshop and Illustrator files into subthemes.
-- Create CSS, proper html, and site-wide functions.
-- Ideal candidate will have jQuery / Ajax experience.
3. Write custom code / glue code / and integrate with Buddypress overall.
4. Track SQL queries, enhance performance, integrate plugins, speed things up.
-- Send example Thematic Theme (live) you created
-- Demonstrate your Wordpress MU + buddypress understanding, or a large site that demonstrates your ability to learn.
-- Send your compensation requirements.
-- Managed plugins on wordpress.org
-- Portfolio item with 50k or more monthly hits.
-- Amazon Web Service / CDN / Caching experience
-- Available 8pm to 1am EST or 10am to 8pm EST.