Toolbox 1.1, built for WordPress 3.1 and up, is now available in the official WordPress Themes Directory. Have at it!
Check out the new Duster theme launched on WordPress.com, designed and developed by us, the Theme Team at Automattic.
Thanks to the always impressive Chris Gossmann we inch ever closer to Thematic version 1. Put your upgrade hats on and check out Thematic 0.9.6. As always you can download the latest version of Thematic from WordPress.org
It’s here! Thematic 0.9.5. A huge refinement of the Thematic Theme Framework—so huge that it’s only caution keeping me from calling it version 1.0. Chris Gossmann and I spent a lot of time on this version chopping down our personal to-do lists. Chris especially, making sure brilliant themes like the Gallery Theme are even easier to make. That’s right, even easier.
Here’s the quick list of what we’ve done to make Thematic easier for you to use.
- Want to quickly find out what you can hook into and where? Browse through the cleaned up and organized extension files in the library. They’re logically organized and better documented.
- Every last default widget ready area is hookable. Before, after, and in between.
- We’ve added a hook before and after the main loops. You’ll be seeing a lot more magazine Child Themes I think.
- The older/newer and post navigation is filterable.
- Don’t want the Secondary Aside? Pull all the widgets out. The default widgets are no longer hard-coded into the sidebar template files.
- You can move the comments template by unhooking it and injecting it somewhere else. Adding even more layout possibilities for creative designers.
- More new dynamic body classes enabling surgically precise CSS work.
What it boils down to is this: I want you to be able to quickly develop powerful, rock-solid WordPress Themes with the Thematic Theme Framework. This version of Thematic just makes it even easier.
Of course, there’s more. As always thank you to everyone who’s contributed to the Thematic Theme Framework and this release. I’m getting pretty excited about Thematic and what it’s leading to. I hope you are too.