In a nutshell, we’re a bunch of people who really care about WordPress themes and want to see them get better and better — on WordPress.com and every self-hosted WordPress site. This is our blog.
We are …
- Allan Cole
- Laurel Fulford
- Thomas Guillot
- Takashi Irie
- David Kennedy
- Ola Laczek
- Tammie Lister
- Ernesto Méndez
- Caroline Moore
- Jeff Pearce
- Kathryn Presner
- Richard Spees
First formed in early 2010 at Automattic, we develop themes for the millions of users on the popular blogging service WordPress.com. While improving themes from the community as well as crafting our own we work hard to ensure our improvements make it back to the open-source community.
- Every WordPress.com user should feel like there’s a theme that fits them perfectly, that is exactly how they want to present themselves to the world, that they’re excited to show to their friends.
- We want everyone to feel a sense of momentum and ever-increasing possibilities, and to do so we will present as many perfect-fit WordPress themes to as many WordPress.com users as we can.
- We will ensure all of our public work represents the best in coding practices, web standards, and technical excellence.
- We will craft all of our themes to have consistent user experience and meet our users’ expectations and hopes.
- We will teach WordPress developers to become the best theme developers in the world. If you’re a WordPress theme developer—commercial or 100% free—we want to help you be the best.
- We will ensure all our improvements make it back to the open-source community.
Here on ThemeShaper we write about web design, WordPress themes, show-off our custom in-house themes, share team news and announcements, and explain what we’re all about. Basically anything that touches on the world of WordPress theming. Subscribe to our blog, check out our goals, and join the discussion!
Thanks for stopping by. Now go make something beautiful.