When enqueuing Google fonts, there are five things to consider:
- Is the font enqueued instead of included directly in the template files or CSS?
- Is the font enqueued on the correct hook?
- Is the font URL protocol independent?
- Can translators deactivate the font if their language’s character set isn’t supported?
- Can the font be dequeued by child themes?
In this post, we’ll go over the best practices for enqueuing Google fonts in your WordPress theme. Continue reading “How to add Google fonts to WordPress themes”