If you’re reading this there’s a good chance you’re a WordPress theme aficionado, a true connoisseur. I’d like to know: how does a devourer of WordPress themes, like you, fulfill your massive appetite for awesome new themes?
For my cravings, I generally partake in the following (most common at the top):
- I find out by word of mouth, from my colleagues at work.
- Via Twitter, from the theme designers and theme shops I follow closely.
- By way of the Extend free themes directory RSS feed (I then go preview each one immediately).
- Reading reviews on sites like WPCandy, WPTavern, Smashing Magazine, or Weblog Tools Collection.
- By checking the Commercial listing on Extend often, to discover theme shops, from time to time.
- Rarely, I will use visual theme sorting services like the Theme Finder or ThemeSorter.
And in case your answers are different, where would you send someone to look for great WordPress themes who is not a theme junkie? Your family, friends, clients, a non-WordPress expert who asks your advice.