Thematic is a free, open-source, highly extensible, search-engine optimized WordPress Theme Framework featuring 13 widget-ready areas, grid-based layout samples, styling for popular plugins, and a whole community behind it. It’s perfect for beginner bloggers and WordPress development professionals.
- Perfect to use as-is or as a blank WordPress theme for development
- Fully Search-Engine Optimized
- Extra widget-ready areas (13 in total) and more possible in your Child Theme
- Free and commercially supported Child Themes are available for upgrading the theme
- Includes a sample WordPress Child Theme for rapid development
- A wiki-editable guide to Thematic Customization
- Ready for WordPress plugins like Subscribe to Comments, WP-PageNavi, and Comment-license
- Fully compatible with All-In-One SEO and Platinum SEO plugins
- Multiple, easy to implement, bulletproof layout options for 2, or 3 column designs
- Modular CSS with pre-packaged resets and basic typography
- Dynamic post and body classes make it a hyper-canvas for CSS artists
- Editable footer text—remove the theme credit without harming the theme
- Options for multi-author blogs
Praise for Thematic
“A theme framework that I highly recommend to anyone working with WordPress. Dig under the surface and you’ll see just how much power it’s got. Built on The Sandbox and then modified to add yet more functionality, I really can’t say enough good things about it.”
“An amazing theme, back-end and design wise. I fell in love at first sight. Even among all those “premium news and magazine style WordPress themes, I’ve never seen such a complex and also organized back-end.”
“An open-source theme designed as a starting point for simple customisation, which also happens to look pretty darn good out of the box.”
Support for Thematic
The Thematic Forums
If you’ve got a problem with Thematic you can find help from the Thematic community in the Thematic Forums.
The Thematic Guide
Thematic Child Themes
You can find some of the many Child Themes developed for Thematic, along with all of the Thematic Child Themes created by Ian, filed under the Thematic Child Themes category.