Thematic expert, Allan Cole, has released another beautiful Thematic Child Theme. This time it’s an advanced Child Theme called, Neutica+. Behold the enormous screenshot.
- A strict grid based design mixed with clean typography heavily influenced by the work of Josef Müller-Brockmann
- A theme options page for easy customization of colors, layout, post formating, etc
- Optional Featured posts section which pulls random ‚Äústicky‚Äù posts
- 3 widgetized sidebar areas
- 5 additional & optional, in-post, ad-spaces for banners & widgets
- Crispy clean and valid XHTML Markup with Microformats courtesy the of Thematic theme framework
- Valid CSS that has been browser proofed for Firefox, Safari, & most Internet Explorer browsers (including the dreaded IE6!)
You absolutely have to check this one out. It just plain deserves to be seen. Go take a look at the Neutica+ Child Theme for Thematic.
Dave Smith of Gite Guru has launched a new Thematic Child Theme called Photo Lover specifically targeting those with a love of photography and imagery.
Photo Lover features:
- Random background image pulled from a ‘backgrounds’ folder within the theme folder
- Content showing on semi transparency over the background image
- A show / hide image function to remove the content layer so that the background image can be seen in all it’s glory
Make sure you check out the Photo Lover Theme for Thematic.
Want to get the Thematic Child Theme I used to build the last 2 versions of ThemeShaper? Well now you can! I call it the Thematic Feature Site Theme and—just like the Power Blog Theme—it’s another entry in the Thematic Development Series.
Just like Power Blog it requires a little bit of code-editing but it’s an awesome starting point. I know because I use it myself. I think you’re going to want to use it too.
Read the big write-up, check out the demo and go get the Thematic Feature Site Theme.
Cristi Antohe has—yet again—released a beautiful and incredibly usable Thematic Child Theme, Early Morning.
It’s light, elegant and pleasantly surprising. This theme is all about blogging. It doesn’t scream at you, instead it takes a step back and lets readers read.
It also has some nice features out of the box:
- You can upload your own logo
- It comes with it’s own custom designed Twitter widget, so your visitors can see what you’re doing from your blog
- It comes with 5 background options that you can select from the Early Morning Theme Options (Green, Turquoise, Brick Red, Gray and Black)
Want a free Thematic Child Theme ‘specially designed to work with the awesome WP E-Commerce Plugin? You can start with the brilliant SimpleCart (js) Theme by Chris Wallace.
Thematic expert, Cristi at CozmosLabs has released another excellent Thematic Child Theme. This one’s called Street.
Here’s what Cristi had to say about it:
Street is something that was created from a spark of inspiration,
something that I felt should look like this. This wasn’t thought out
nor planed. It took only 4 days from the initial idea to the launch of
- It uses the beautiful Vegur Free Font for the headings and main menu, implemented by Cufon (text replacement technique).
- Upload your own logo or header image from the “Street Theme Options”.
- One Column page template that spans the width of the page
Design Notes has released a really striking looking Thematic Child Theme with tons of interesting texture called, Audry.
If you’re interested in learning how they made Audry, there’s also a two part tutorial on Thematic Child Theme Development at Design Notes. Make sure you check it out.
Wow. Just, wow. Chris Wallace has outdone himself with the advanced Thematic Child Theme he’s released through Smashing Magazine. It’s called Gallery and it’s amazing.
Gallery—like every theme released through Smashing Magazine—is just packed with loads of cool features.
- A jQuery slide hover effect on thumbnails
- Lazyloading for thumbnails
- Built-in social media links for each gallery item
- Seamless integration with the following plugins: WP-PostRatings, BuySellAds plugin, and Contact Form 7
- And, of course, it’s built on Thematic.
Make sure you check this one out if you’re looking at producing a Gallery or Portfolio site. Smashing Magazine calls it “extremely flexible” and recommends it as a “starting point for design galleries and portfolios”. Get the Gallery Theme.
The ibsTeam Real Estate Directory has released a monster of a WordPress Child Theme for Thematic. It’s a “basic 3-column, fixed width theme with 13 widget-ready areas that allows you to turn a simple blog into a fully functional real estate web site.” And it’s called Simple Realty.
Cristi at Cozmoslabs has just released a Thematic’s first magazine theme—one of the most popular flavors of WordPress themes around. It’s clean, and it’s green, and it’s called Commune